Floristics is a plugin designed by JayAvery. It makes all kinds of plants gradually grow back after the naturally-generated world has been altered.
How it works
Plants regrow slowly and randomly over time.
They regrow according to biome and location, in approximately the same way that world generation would have put them. So spruce will not grow in a birch forest, and cacti will not grow on beaches. The goal of Floristics is that if players clear any area and then wait long enough, it will eventually be indistinguishable from a freshly-generated area of the appropriate biome.
Plants grow in clusters according to the world seed. This means that if a particular area regrows poppies, then it will always keep regrowing poppies - and if an area doesn't regrow poppies it never will.
Things that regrow
- Trees (including things that can be on trees when they generate, like vines and cocoa)
- Grass, ferns, and dead bushes
- Mushrooms (small and giant)
- Lily pads
- Chorus trees
- Bee nests
- Pumpkins and melons
- Kelp and seagrass
- Sweet berry bushes
Places where plants regrow
- All worlds, in areas not claimed by GriefPrevention.
- All worlds, in GriefPrevention claims where the owner of the claim turned Floristics on for that claim.
Places where plants do not regrow
- Inside admin-owned GriefPrevention claims - for example, Zero Zero.
- Inside GriefPrevention claims where the owner hasn't turned GriefPrevention on for that claim.
How to use it
Plants will regrow in any area not claimed by GriefPrevention.
In areas claimed by GriefPrevention, plants will NOT regrow by default. You can toggle whether or not plants regrow in your claims using commands.
Anywhere that says
/floristics, you can swap it for
/flo. When you use a command, you should get a confirmation that your command has worked. If you use a command incorrectly, you should get help text explaining what to do instead.
/floristics gp- tells you whether or not this individual GriefPrevention claim has Floristics enabled (plants regrow) or disabled (plants do not regrow).
/floristics gp enable- turns on Floristics in this GriefPrevention claim, allowing plants to regrow.
/floristics gp disable- turns off Floristics in this GriefPrevention claim, preventing plants from regrowing.